The Construction Safety Supervisor program is intended to provide a higher level of safety awareness for safety supervisors in the construction industry and promote the development of in-house resources.
To obtain the Construction Safety Supervisor designation, participants must complete the following mandatory NSCSA courses:
*Please note: As of September 1, 2009 there have been changes to the CSS requirements in order to meet the CSS National standard. The course requirements below reflect those changes.
· Principles of Loss Control
· Hazard Identification & Control.
· Principles of Loss Control COR Evaluation
· Leadership for Safety Excellence
· Safety Orientation
· NSCSA WHMIS Generic
· WHMIS Supervisor
· Construction Safety Supervisor Course
· Accident Incident Investigation
· OH&S Committee Member Representative
· Emergency or Standard First Aid
· OH&S Act
Choose two (2)* courses of following list of electives:
· Traffic Control Person
· Temporary Workplace Signing
· Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Generic
· Fall Protection I - Basics for Workers
· Fall Protection II - Supervisors
· Confined Space Entry I - General Awareness
*Choose electives that are appropriate to your industry.
There are three practical exercises to be completed and passed in to the NSCSA either during or at the end of training:
· Tool Box Safety Meeting presentation
· Site Inspection or Hazard Assessment
· Internal Audit
An application fee of $25.00 plus HST is payable with your application.
Click here to download application (PDF)
Contact Training Services